Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Braised Bell Pepper with Carrot and Cabbage

I love the freshly cooked aroma of bell pepper (capsicum). I decided to be a little adventurous and cooked it with other vegetables. This is a very simple vegetarian dish and I am sure everyone in the family would love it. The kids can pour the gravy in their rice so that you don't have to cook soup! LOL!

Ingredients
Bell Pepper, 1 pc, cut into bite size
Cabbage, 4 leaves, cut small
Carrot, 1 pc, cut into slices
Corn flour with water mixture
Garlic, 3 pcs, chopped finely
Onion, 1 pc, cut into four
Light soya sauce, 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon

Heat up wok and put in the vegetable oil. Add garlic and onions. Stir fry for a short while. Add in the cabbage, carrot and bell pepper. Stir fry for a short while under high heat. Lower the temperature a little and add in some water. Bring to a boil and pour in the corn flour and water mixture to thicken the gravy. Add light soya sauce and salt to taste.

Note : You might notice that there are prawns in the photo which I added for my kids. You can omit the prawn for vegetarian version. I have used this similar photo in my none vegetarian blog, Peteformation.